Together, we can take an herbal approach to adrenal health
So many women today feel overwhelmed, frustrated by the health care system, and confused by the array of alternatives and supplements. What’s more, many of you are paying with your health.
We get it. So we’re doing something about it.
Herb Pharm and Aviva Romm, MD, are teaming up to give you products you can personalize to take control of your health.
And we’re starting with the adrenals.
Our brains are great at recognizing stressors
Our brains are great at noticing even the smallest signs of threat in our environment. But maybe they’re too great. These days, our brains rarely ‘turn off’ our stress response unless we practice doing it intentionally.
Adrenals: at the center of stress response
When your brain senses danger, the adrenal glands pump out chemicals to make you very aware and sensitive to your surroundings. But if this happens too often, it can leave you feeling out of balance, overwhelmed and anxious. And even though this can feel exhausting, you may find it harder to fall asleep.
Adaptogenic herbs are all about balance
Adaptogens are a class of herbs revered for their balancing effects. They are used to support our bodies’ natural responses to stress, fatigue, and more. Their actions let you take them both over long periods of time and as a rapid response to short-term situations. In short, they make for ideal herbal tools to personalize and respond to the variety of stressors women face every day.
Crafted to let you personalize your approach
Meet our new modular take on herbal support. A straight-forward approach we can all understand and personalize. We’re focusing on the range of health challenges women face every day.* Our first wave of products focuses on the adrenals with Adrena Soothe, Adrena Nourish and Adrena Uplift. You might take uplift before an exam, a long day of travel, a deadline, or a night shift. Then you take soothe to recover and then you might take weeks of nourish to further restore balance.*
They’re a thoughtful collection of herbs. You can take them in acute situations or as a longer term daily plan.* You can take them together. You can take them alongside our upcoming herbal formulas for other body systems or even with your other supplements. You can use them to take greater control of your health. To awaken your inner wellness.
Let's take a closer look at each of the modular products one by one.
Adrena Soothe is a calming adaptogen blend created to help you replenish the adrenals.* We designed it to counteract the effects of an overwhelmed stress response system.* It helps you regain the natural balance that supports your overall wellness.*
- Ashwagandha is an adaptogen often used as a daily response to fatigue, poor sleep, weakness and stress.*
- Reishi is a mushroom has a long history of use to support the immune system.*
- Ziziphus and Albizia come from Eastern traditions, the latter known commonly as ‘happiness bark’ for its use calming the mind and heart.*
- Motherwort is traditionally used to calm nerves and reduce tension,* particularly in women.
Collectively, these herbs engage the senses and work with your body to help you recover and replenish your adrenals.*
Adrena Nourish is an adaptogen blend created to be your daily adrenal support. We designed it to optimize a regular, healthy stress response.* It supports key systems that allow you to maintain resilience and wellbeing.*
- Holy Basil comes from Ayurvedic traditions to support the mind and lift the spirit.
- Turmeric supports a natural response to stress and anxiety.*
- Maca from the mountains of Peru is used to promote energy.
- Eleuthero is used to support physical, cognitive and immune stamina.*
- Schisandra weaves all five flavors on the tongue as a restorative response for the kidneys and liver.* It’s also a nourishing adaptogen.
Together, these herbs engage the senses and work with your body’s natural mechanisms to support your daily response to stress.
Adrena Uplift is an adaptogen blend created to help you focus, and promote stamina and a healthy stress response.* We designed it to invigorate and optimize the adrenal system.* This energizing blend provides a fortifying boost when you need it most.*
- Asian Ginseng is commonly used to address physical, cognitive and immune stamina as well as overall energy.*
- Eleuthero is used to support stamina of all types.*
- Maitake is a mushroom used to modulate a number of different systems related to immune and fatigue. *
- Rhodiola comes from rugged northern climates and is used to help the body respond to anxiety, ‘burn out,’ and immune issues.*
- Licorice is used to respond to stress.*
Together, the herbs engage the senses to work with your body to support stamina and respond to stress.*
* These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
We’ve purposefully crafted Adrena Soothe, Adrena Nourish and Adrena Uplift as liquid herbal formulas. Liquid extracts partially bypass digestion. When you swallow them there is little work your body has to do to process the liquid. Much of the herb extractives just get absorbed. First through the mucus membranes in your mouth, then in your stomach and small intestine. So you get their benefits faster.
And the taste, it helps too. Your body wants to know what it is consuming. Taking liquid extracts means engaging your pre-digestive senses.
You smell and taste the flavors true to Earth.
Traditionally, western medicine has asked us to be passive receivers of health care while the herbal aisle demands we act as our own trained herbalists. There must be a way forward where we both trust people to take control of their health and provide them with the tools to do a good job.
That’s the idea driving the collaboration between Herb Pharm and Aviva Romm, MD.
Aviva Romm, MD brings you a unique point of view. Medical. Herbal. Personal. She’s a Yale-trained physician, a midwife, herbalist, the former President of the American Herbalist Guild and the current Medical Director of the American Herbal Pharmacopoeia. An author, speaker and popular podcaster, Aviva has a gift for connecting on an emotional level that has helped her touch a wide audience around the world.
Herb Pharm brings 40 years of herbal gravitas from seed to shelf. We make liquid herbal products kind to both the body and the Earth. Our farms in Josephine County, Oregon are Certified Organic, Non-GMO, Salmon-Safe, Bee-friendly and even Monarch Butterfly Sanctuaries. For decades, we’ve made herbal extracts to support your body’s natural functions. Now, we’re working with Aviva to give you the tools to help you take control of your health.
Between harvesting herbs and making liquid extracts we make time to keep our friends in the loop about interesting news from the farm, herbal advice, events and special offers. Sign up for our newsletter today.